At a musical level:
- To enhance skills development and professionalism of young musicians.
- To present all styles of music - from traditional to contemporary urban - for young musicians and listeners.
- To assist in providing relevant music education for all.
At a social level:
- To offer opportunities for meetings, training and interaction of young people across cultural, social, ethnic, linguistic and national divides.
- To stimulate self-awareness by assisting young individuals to realize their full potential and to make a positive difference in their immediate environment.
At an infrastructural level:
- To develop sustainable Music Crossroads structures, support and resource/training centers.
- To encourage existing music industry stakeholders to become committed partners creating an open dialogue to help develop the music sector.